Pokémon Go’s infamous three-step glitch, which displays all nearby Pokémon at the maximum distance, has been troubling players for weeks. A game update currently rolling out to Android players removes the steps entirely. Problem solved! Update: Now available for iOS.
Making the rounds on Reddit and Twitter, the 0.31.0 update offers various tweaks and fixes to the popular game, including new customization options for avatars, adjusted battle damage (some of which we’ve already seen), fixes for map features like footpaths in parks and the elimination of the three-step glitch. And steps in general. No more steps.
- Avatars can now be re-customized from the Trainer profile screen
- Adjusted battle move damage values for some Pokémon
- Refined certain Gym animations
- Improved memory issues
- Removed footprints of nearby Pokémon
- Modified battle damage calculation
- Various bug fixes during wild Pokémon encounter
- Updated Pokémon details screen
- Updated achievement medal images
- Fixed issues with displaying certain map features
- Minor text fixes
On the one hand, BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA. “Doctor, it hurts when I bend my arm!” *doctor chops off arm*
On the other (the first one got chopped off, sorry), removing the feature entirely while it’s being fixed (hopefully) makes a lot more sense than leaving it in to annoy folks.
Here’s hoping iOS gets the update soon. I desperately need to change my trainer’s outfit.